This recipe meets the GREEN criteria in the National Healthy School Canteen Guidelines.
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 spring onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
2 medium zucchinis, sliced
1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
375g can reduced fat evaporated milk
3 tsp corn flour
2½ cups uncooked pasta
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. Strain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add broccoli and zucchini and stir fry for 2 minutes, then add the spinach and stir fry for a further 1 minute.
- Add ¾ of the can of evaporated milk and stir until it starts to simmer.
- Place the corn flour in a small bowl and gradually add the remaining evaporated milk whilst mixing until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the corn flour mix to the simmering pan and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the pan and mix through.