- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small piece of ginger (2cm cubed)
- 1 brown onion
- ½ butternut pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes, no added salt
- ¼ cup dried red lentils
- ½ cup water
- 1 x 375g can evaporated milk
- 2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Crush garlic. Peel and dice ginger and onion. Peel and chop pumpkin into 1 cm pieces.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or frypan. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Stir in the curry paste. Allow to cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, tomatoes, lentils and water. Stir through and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and let the curry simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add evaporated milk and the frozen vegetables. Stir through and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables have heated through.
- Serve with rice and natural yoghurt.
Add chopped lean beef or chicken thigh pieces at step 2.
Click here to download this recipe as a PDF.