1 small onion
1 clove garlic
1 small cos lettuce
½ cup water
250g lean beef mince
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
¼ teaspoon chilli powder
Black pepper to taste
⅓ cup reduced fat grated cheese
⅓ cup reduced fat natural yoghurt
- Finely dice onion. Crush garlic.
- Dice tomato and avocado. Discard outer leaves of lettuce and set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic with 2 tablespoons of water in a non-stick saucepan until softened. Stir in beef mince and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Add cumin, paprika, mixed herbs, chilli powder and black pepper and stir through.
- Add remaining water. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture into lettuce leaves, top with diced tomato, avocado, a sprinkle of cheese and a dollop with yoghurt. Secure in place with a toothpick or small skewer.
- serve the beef mixture in tortilla wraps