3 spring onions
250g packet of frozen spinach
150g reduced fat feta, crumbled
½ cup reduced fat cottage cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
8 sheets of filo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180◦C.
- Finely chop the spring onions. Squeeze the frozen spinach over a bowl to remove excess water.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk. Add spring onions, spinach, feta, cottage cheese, parmesan, cumin and nutmeg to the eggs. Mix together until well combined.
- Lightly spray a rectangle shaped baking dish with oil. Place 4 sheets of filo pastry on the base of the dish. Pour egg mixture into the dish
- Place one sheet of filo pastry on top of the egg mixture. Lightly spray the sheet of filo pastry with oil. Place another sheet of filo pastry on top and lightly spray with oil. Repeat for the remaining two sheets of filo pastry, finishing with a light spray of oil on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and crisp.