100g firm tofu, cubed
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
1 beetroot, fresh
1 large carrot
1 Lebanese cucumber
2 spring onions
200g lettuce mix
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix tofu, olive oil and Moroccan seasoning together. Place seasoned tofu on the baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate beetroot and carrot. Chop cucumber into pieces. Finely slice spring onions.
- In a salad bowl, combine beetroot, carrot, cucumber, spring onion and lettuce.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well.
- Toss dressing through salad and top with roasted tofu.
Try using a julienne peeler or spiraliser instead of a grater. You could also create carrot ribbons by using a vegetable peeler.
Canned diced beetroot can also be used in place of fresh beetroot.