¼ cup broccoli
½ cup chick peas
2 cups grated vegetables (zucchini, carrot, sweet potato & potato)
¼ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 teaspoon ground chia/flax seeds (optional)
½ teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
pepper to taste
- Lightly beat eggs. Finely chop onion and broccoli. Mash chick peas and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, onion, broccoli and grated vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, ground chia/flax seeds, mashed chick peas, curry powder, pepper and mix until well combined.
- Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add heaped tablespoonful of the mixture to the pan and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve warm, can also be served cold.
Adapted from Flynn Early Childhood Education Centre – with thanks!