2 fresh beetroots (or 1 tin diced beetroot)
2 cups baby spinach
2 spring onions
1 tablespoon pine nuts
½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin into 2cm cubes. Place the cubes on the prepared tray and lightly drizzle or spray with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and slightly golden.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, place the pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat. Toast for 4 - 6 minutes until golden and remove from the pan (be sure not to leave the pan as the pine nuts can burn very quickly).
- Finely slice spring onions.
- Add the baby spinach & spring onions to a large salad plate or bowl.
- Once the pumpkin & pine nuts are slightly cooled, place evenly over the spinach and spring onion. Then crumble the feta over the salad.
- In a small bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Click here to download this recipe as a PDF.