½ tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon ground coriander
400g diced lamb
425g can chopped tomatoes
1 cup chicken stock
1 x 400g can chickpeas
Juice of 1 lemon
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup cous cous
1 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
2 tablespoons chopped coriander, to serve.
- Finely chop onion. Crush garlic.
- Heat oil in a frypan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender. Stir in spices and cook for a further one minute.
- Add lamb to frypan. Cook until browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, stock, chickpeas and juice. Bring to boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or if using a slow cooker, allow to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Place cous cous in a heat proof bowl. Stir in boiling water and allow to stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the cous cous with a fork and stir in the almonds and coriander.
- Stir baby spinach into the cooked lamb dish and allow to wilt.
- Serve the lamb with the prepared cous cous and a sprinkle of chopped coriander .