Makes 1 large salad
800g green beans
½ cup slivered almonds
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
½ cup reduced-fat feta
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
½ bunch basil
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Trim the tops off of the green beans with a small knife.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add green beans and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain green beans in a colander under cold running water until completely cool.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, toast almonds until golden.
- Halve cherry tomatoes and add to a large bowl with green beans and almonds. Crumble in feta and tear in basil.
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, toast sesame seeds until golden.
- In a small jar with a lid, combine olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Secure lid and shake to combine.
- Pour dressing over green beans and mix until well combined. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.