500g of mixed potato and sweet potato
1 cup plain flour
Pesto or tomato passata
Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
1. Peel and chop 500g of mixed potato and sweet potato. Boil for 10 minutes or until soft.
2. Drain cooked potato and transfer to a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth.
3. Add 1 cup of plain flour to mashed potato and mix until it forms a ball of dough.
4. Split dough into 3 even pieces and roll each piece into a long strip.
5. Cut the strip of dough into 3cm long pieces and dust with flour.
6. Place pieces of gnocchi into a large saucepan of boiling water and allow to cook for around 5 minutes or until they float to the surface.
7. Using a slotted spoon, gently scoop gnocchi out of the saucepan and place into a serving bowl.
8. Add your favourite dressing such as pesto or tomato passata and top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
Click here to download this recipe as an infographic