- 2 pears
- 25g dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed
- ¾ cup ricotta, reduced fat
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- Peel, core and finely slice pear. Roughly chop dried apricots.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add pears, sultanas, apricot, cardamom and cinnamon. Gently mix through until combined.
- Allow to simmer gently, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until the pears have softened. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta, cinnamon and orange zest. With a whisk or wooden spoon, whip until light and fluffy.
- In a separate frying pan over a medium heat, toast the walnuts until golden brown in colour (2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Serve pear compote warm topped with a spoon of spiced ricotta and toasted walnuts.
Click here to download this recipe as a PDF.