400g can chickpeas, no added salt
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and rub dry with paper towel, trying to remove as much moisture as possible. Note: some skins may start to come off, this is okay, and will help improve the crunch!
- Place chickpeas into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Transfer chickpeas onto a baking tray and roast in oven for 40-45 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- Remove from oven and place into a bowl. Sprinkle with cumin (and/or any other spices you like e.g. paprika, curry powder, ground coriander), mix to ensure an even coating.
- Allow to cool slightly. Enjoy as a nutritious snack or as a crunchy salad topper.