Makes 1 large salad
2 cans of chickpeas
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
½ red onion
½ bunch parsley
½ cup slivered almonds
½ cup reduced-fat feta
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, transfer to a large bowl.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and roughly dice the apple and cucumber. Add to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Finely dice the red onion and roughly chop the parsley. Add to the salad bowl.
- In a small frying pan over a medium heat, toast almonds for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small jar with a lid, combine tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and water. Secure the lid and shake until well combined.
- Add the almonds and the dressing to the salad and stir through. Serve.