1 tablespoon olive oil
1 brown onion
2 cloves of garlic
4 chicken thighs (~400g)
2 cups basmati rice, uncooked
1 litre chicken stock, salt reduced
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Dice onion. Mince garlic cloves. Trim fat and chop chicken into 2cm pieces.
- Heat oil in a small frypan and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add chicken pieces and brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and chicken stock and stir through. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen vegetables and stir through. Cook through under vegetables and tender and the rice is cooked.
Tip: Other vegetables that work well include spinach, zucchini and broccoli