· 2 tablespoons of olive oil
· 1 brown onion, finely chopped
· 1 small head of cauliflower, coarsely chopped
· 2 zucchinis, grated
· 2 carrots, grated
· 2 celery stalked, chopped
· 1 x 400g can of brown lentils, rinsed, drained
· 1 x 400g can salt reduced crushed tomatoes
· 1/3 cup no-added-salt tomato paste
· 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
· 200g pasta
· Sprinkle of reduced-fat grated cheese
1. Place all ingredients into a large pot. Season mixture with ground black pepper. Stir to combine and simmer over medium heat for 2 hours or until the cauliflower is very soft.
2. Cook pasta according to the packet instructions.
3. Top with grated cheese and serve.
To download a PDF version of this recipe, click here