Makes 8 burritos
- 500g lean beef mince (optional, can be swapped out for refried beans!)
- 400g tin of tomatoes, no added salt
- 400g tin of kidney beans, no added salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup reduced fat cheese, grated
- 200g tub of reduced fat Greek yoghurt
- 8 wholemeal tortillas
- Heat a non-stick frypan to medium-high heat. Once hot, add mince and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the mince is browned.
- Add the tins of tomato and kidney beans, and the spices to the pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mixture has thickened and is heated all the way through.
- Whilst waiting for mixture to thicken, shred lettuce, dice tomatoes and grate cheese.
- To make each burrito, add two spoonfuls of the Mexi mix to the centre of each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and a dollop of yoghurt.
wnload this recipe as a pdf