Makes 1 large salad
1 x 450g microwaveable brown rice sachet
3 spring onions
1 Lebanese cucumber
1 red capsicum
½ bunch flat-leaf parsley
2 cups baby spinach
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
½ cup cashew nuts
½ cup dried cranberries
2 cloves of garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Transfer brown rice sachet into a large bowl and break up with a fork.
- Finely slice the spring onion and dice the cucumber and capsicum. Then add vegetables to the brown rice.
- Remove parsley leaves from stems. Roughly chop the parsley leaves.
- Add chopped parsley, baby spinach, pumpkin seeds, cashews and dried cranberries to the brown rice mix.
- In a small container with a lid, combine lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil and crushed garlic. Secure lid and shake until well combined.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well. Serve.