- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3 teaspoons margarine
- ¾ cup milk, reduced fat
- 2 tablespoons margarine extra
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 apples, coarsely grated and squeezed
- ½ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a mixing bowl, rub margarine into the flour with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and mix until it forms a soft dough. Gently knead until the dough is smooth.
- Place dough on a floured surface and roll out in a rectangular shape to 1-2 cm thick.
- In a separate bowl, combine the extra margarine, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Evenly spread the mixture on top the dough and top with the grated apple and sultanas.
- Roll the dough lengthways until it resembles a log.
- Cut the log into 2 cm rounds and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes until lightly browned.
Click here to download this recipe as a PDF.