1 cup reduced fat natural yoghurt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
2 cups reduced fat milk
1 cup mixed berries, frozen or fresh
- To make the dressing, combine yoghurt, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine the two flours together in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, half the milk and whisk together.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk until mixed through. Add grated apple and mix.
- Heat fry pan and lightly spray with oil. Drop tablespoons of mixture onto fry pan. Place one to two berries on top of the mixture. When bubbles appear on the surface of the mixture, flip and cook on other side until golden.
- Serve warm with spiced yoghurt dressing.
Click here to download this recipe as a pdf