You know the feeling – you are running out the door in the morning. You need to eat but time is short. Skip breakfast and by mid-morning you will be starving and more likely to reach for a quick sugar hit. Not good.
Breakfast really does set you up for a great day. Our busy lifestyles mean that brekky sometimes needs to be eaten on the go.
Check out these grab and go options – perfect for weekdays when time is not on your side.
Quick brekky ideas:
- Toasted sandwich
- Fruit tubs
- Yoghurt sachets
- Overnight oats (AKA bircher muesli) - soak rolled oats in water. Mix through yoghurt and grated apple. Top with chopped fruit or frozen berries. Portion out into single serves and keep in containers.
- Blitz a smoothie – start with fruit (frozen works well) and/or vegies, add rolled oats and milk or yoghurt. Take in the car or bus with you.
- Breakfast bites – dates, oats and seeds blitzed in a food processor and rolled into balls. These will keep for up to a week in the fridge. Grab a couple on your way out the door. Click here for our tasty recipe.
- Tetra pack of milk
- Piece of fruit - Mother Nature's ultimate grab and go snack
Keep breakfast foods at work and enjoy at your desk:
- Oat sachets
- Fruit toast - keep in the freezer for longevity
- Yoghurt tubs
- Tins of baked beans
- Fresh fruit- fresh or canned
- Wholegrain cereal such as muesli with reduced fat milk
Click here to download this information as a PDF.