This recipe meets the AMBER criteria in the ACT Government Healthy Food and Drink Choices Policy.
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1x 450g can of diced beetroot
- 2 medium carrots
- ¼ red cabbage
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup reduced fat feta cheese
- Using a Julienne peeler or spiral vegetable cutter, julienne carrot and zucchini into long strips.
- Finely chop spring onions and combine with carrot and zucchini strips in a heat proof bowl.
- Add boiling water until vegetables are covered. Sit for 2 minutes until tender.
- Strain vegetables and rinse with cold water.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake to mix well. Stir through vegetables.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds and coriander to serve.