1 medium potato, diced
1 small sweet potato, diced
1 x 210g can pink salmon
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp chives, fresh or dried
1 tbsp parsley, fresh or dried
2 tbsp flour
¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- Add potato and sweet potato to a microwave safe dish with 1 tablespoon of water. Heat in microwave for 3 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool slightly and mash.
- Drain salmon and add to mashed potato. Add garlic, chopped chives and parsley. Season with pepper if desired.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg. Add the beaten egg and flour to the potato mixture and mix until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 4 small patties and coat with breadcrumbs. Place patties on a flat tray, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Spray non-stick fry-pan with oil and heat to medium heat. Cook patties for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon, garden salad or steamed greens.