1 tablespoon sultanas
2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
10 walnut halves
¾ cup ricotta
A pinch of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon orange rind
- Peel and core pears. Slice finely.
- Heat oil in a frypan and add pears. Add sultanas, apricot, cinnamon and cardamom. Gently mix through until combined.
- Allow to simmer gently, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until the pears have softened.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta, cinnamon and orange rind. Whip until light and fluffy.
- Chop walnut halves roughly by hand or blitz in a food processor for a few seconds. Add to a frypan and cook, stirring on low heat until lightly browned.
- Serve pear compote warm topped with a spoon of ricotta and a sprinkle of walnuts.