1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 spring onions, chopped
4 stems of celery, chopped
300g chicken thigh fillets, chopped
1 cup Arborio rice
500ml reduced salt chicken stock
420g can corn kernels, drained
375g can reduced fat evaporated milk
2 cup baby spinach
¼ cup parmesan cheese
Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in frypan. Add garlic and spring onions and cook until softened.
- Add celery and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir through. Cook until chicken has slightly browned.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir through. Allow the rice to coat the mix and start to heat through.
- When the rice starts to look a little translucent gradually add all of the chicken stock whilst stirring. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes stirring regularly until the rice has absorbed the stock.
- Add the corn and evaporated milk and stir through. Simmer for a further 10 minutes until the rice has absorbed the remaining liquid and has become tender.
- When the rice is just cooked (al dente) add the spinach and stir through. Take the frypan off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.