This recipe meets the GREEN criteria in the National Healthy School Canteen Guidelines.
Makes 1 sandwich (4 quarters) or 1 wrap
Choose wholegrain or wholemeal bread.
1 tsp canola margarine
1 tsp tomato paste, no added salt
4 strips of capscium
5 canned pineapple pieces, drained
1 mushroom, sliced (optional)
2 pitted olives (optional)
¼ cup reduced fat grated cheese
- Lightly spread one side of each slice of bread with margarine.
- Spread tomato paste on the other side of one slice of bread.
- Top with capscium strips, pineapple, mushroom and olives. Cover with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Place in a pre-heated sandwich maker.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.