This recipe meets the AMBER criteria in the National Healthy School Canteen Guidelines.
5 apples, cored and unpeeled
1½ cups self raising flour
¾ cup sugar
⅓ cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line lamington tray with baking paper.
- Chop unpeeled apples into small pieces and mix with sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Gradually add flour and cinnamon to egg mixture.
- Fold through apple mixture until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Slice evenly into 16 slices.