2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
1.5 kg beef chuck steak, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp paprika
2 red capsicums, cut into 2cm pieces
425g can diced tomatoes
500g mushrooms, sliced
800g cooked pasta
Reduced fat natural yoghurt, to serve
Fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium/high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Return all beef to the pan. Add tomato paste and paprika. Cook for 1 minute or until beef is coated. Add stock and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Add capsicum and tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or slow for 8 hours.
- Add mushrooms in the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve with dollops of yoghurt, parsley and a side of pasta.