This recipe meets the GREEN criteria in the National Healthy School Canteen Guidelines.
3 cups uncooked macaroni pasta
4 tbsp corn flour
1 litre reduced fat milk
200g reduced fat grated cheese
300g frozen pea and corn mix
- Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling water, according to packet instructions, until soft.
- Pour most of the milk (leaving 100ml aside) into a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until warm, but not boiling.
- In a small jug, add corn flour and gradually stir in the remaining milk to create a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the warm milk and heat through, stirring regularly, until the sauce thickens.
- Add grated cheese to the sauce mixture and stir thoroughly to combine. Add frozen vegetables and stir until vegetables are heated.
- Drain the cooked pasta, and add to sauce mixture. Stir through.