Nourish'n'Nurture is a diabetes prevention program targeting the nutritional wellbeing of women of reproductive age and their families.
Did you know?
- Gestational diabetes is the fastest growing type of diabetes in Australia.
- Women who have had gestational diabetes have a 1 in 2 chance of developing type 2 Diabetes later in life.
- Babies born from mothers with gestational diabetes have a higher risk of developing type 2 Diabetes later in life.
Eating well plays a crucial role in:
- controlling gestational diabetes
- preventing the development of type 2 diabetes later in life
- reducing risk of diabetes for women of reproductive age.
See our fact sheet on healthy eating for gestational diabetes.
Join our dietitians, Leanne and Ellen, as they discuss gestational diabetes risks and the role lifestyle plays in the short and long term health for diagnosed women and their families.
Have you ever thought of delivering your own cooking program? Leanne and Ellen share their tips and experience on delivering food literacy programs. This webinar is ideal for support workers, group leaders or anyone wanting to learn how to facilitate a cooking program.
Food literacy program manual
We have developed a free facilitator manual to help you deliver your very own cooking program.
As part of the Nourish'n'Nurture diabetes prevention program, this manual has been designed for use by support workers, health staff and educators within the domains of family and child support services. It can be used to support the delivery of hands on food preparation activities in addition to being a source of easy to read recipes and fact sheets that can be distributed to clients.
Whilst this manual has been designed for families affected by gestational diabetes, practical component within the manual are applicable and easily transferable to any target group.