Nourish'n'Nurture is a diabetes prevention program targeting the nutritional wellbeing of women of reproductive age and their families.
Did you know?
- Gestational diabetes is the fastest growing type of diabetes in Australia.
- Women who have had gestational diabetes have a 1 in 2 chance of developing type 2 Diabetes later in life.
- Babies born from mothers with gestational diabetes have a higher risk of developing type 2 Diabetes later in life.
Eating well plays a crucial role in:
- controlling gestational diabetes
- preventing the development of type 2 diabetes later in life
- reducing risk of diabetes for women of reproductive age.
Join our dietitians, Leanne and Ellen, as they discuss gestational diabetes risks and the role lifestyle plays in the short and long term health for diagnosed women and their families.