1 tablespsoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 small piece of ginger (2cm cubed)
1 brown onion
2-3 teaspoon curry paste
½ butternut pumpkin
¼ cup dried red lentils
1 x 400g can diced tomatoes, no added salt
1 x 375g can reduced-fat coconut flavoured evaporated milk*
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Crush garlic. Peel and dice ginger, onion, potatoes and pumpkin.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or frypan. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Stir in the curry paste.
- Add potato, pumpkin, tomatoes and lentils. Stir through and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the curry simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add coconut flavoured evaporated milk and the frozen vegetables. Stir through and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables have heated through.
- Serve with rice.
- dish up into single portion foil trays and freeze. Don't forget to write the date on the tray!
- Option: add lean beef chunks or chicken pieces at step 2.