1 cup self-raising flour
½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
2 teaspoons mixed herbs
1 large carrot
1 medium potato
1 small onion
½-1 cup peas or corn
1 egg, lightly beaten (or egg alternative)
1½ cups reduced fat milk
1 tablespoon margarine
- Grate carrot and potato. Chop onion.
- Lightly beat egg or egg alternative. Melt margarine.
- Sift flours into bowl, add herbs and pepper as desired.
- Add vegetables and mix until well combined.
- Make a well, add beaten egg, milk, melted margarine and mix to a smooth batter.
- Heat extra margarine in a frypan. Drop tablespoons of batter into pan and cook until brown on both sides.