200g dried rice noodles
2 spring onions
1 cup snow pea shoots (or mung bean sprouts)
1 red capsicum
2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts or cashews
2 tablespoons coriander
2 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
1 teaspoon honey
Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- Prepare noodles according to packet directions. Rinse under cold running water, drain and set aside.
- Chop the spring onions into small pieces.
- Slice the cucumber into circles. Slice capsicum into strips.
- Crush the garlic clove and grate the ginger.
- To make the salad dressing mix together the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic and ginger in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over the salad, add noodles and toss well.
This recipe meets the AMBER criteria in the National Healthy School Canteen Guidelines and the GREEN criteria in the ACT Government Healthy Food and Drink Choices Policy.