1 sweet potato
2 spring onions
1 x 400g can chickpeas, no added salt
½ cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Chop sweet potato into small pieces. Finely slice spring onion.
- Juice lemon. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Place sweet potato into a microwavable dish and add 1 tablespoon of water. Microwave for 6 minutes or until soft. Drain any excess liquid.
- Mash sweet potato with the chickpeas and lemon juice. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until the mixture has cooled.
- Add spring onions, breadcrumbs and egg to the sweet potato mixture and mix until well combined.
- Using clean hands, take a handful of the mixture and form it into a patty shape. Repeat the process to create 6 patties.
- Place patties evenly apart on the baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning the patties over once at half way.