1kg lean beef mince
1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs or 1 small bunch of parsley
1kg reduced fat puff pastry (6 sheets)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut zucchinis and carrot into 2-3cm pieces. Quarter onion. Beat the eggs and set aside.
- Add zucchini, carrots, onion, beef mince and herbs to a food processor. Process on high for 1 minute or until all ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Place 2-3 tablespoons of the mince mixture down the centre of the pastry sheets. The mixture should resemble a log shape.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the egg down one edge of the pastry sheet. Roll up to enclose filling and brush the top with the remaining egg.
- Cut each sausage roll in half lengthways.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Tip: add a sprinkling of sesame seeds on top for delicious crunch!