1 cup (250g) uncooked quinoa
1 Lebanese cucumber
1 red capsicum
4 spring onions
1 x 400g can of chickpeas, no added salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon paprika
A pinch tumeric
A pinch cinnamon
- Rise quinoa under running water and place in a saucepan with 2 cups of water Bring to the boil.
- Lower heat, cover & simmer until water is absorbed (about 15 mins). Leave to cool slightly.
- Chop cucumber, capsicum and tomatoes. Finely slice spring onion.
- Drain chickpeas.
- To make the dressing, combine olive oil, lemon juice and spices.
- Add vegetables and chickpeas to the cooled quinoa. Pour over dressing and toss to coat well.