½ tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
200g diced lamb
425g can chopped tomatoes
½ cup chicken stock
½ x 300g can chickpeas
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cups baby spinach leaves
½ cup cous cous
½ cup boiling water
1 tablespoon slivered almonds
1 tablespoon chopped coriander, to serve.
- Finely chop onion. Crush garlic.
- Heat oil in a frypan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender. Stir in spices and cook for a further one minute
- Add lamb to frypan. Cook until browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, stock, chickpeas and juice. Bring to boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or if using a slow cooker, allow to cook for 6-8 hours.
- Place cous cous in a heat proof bowl. Stir in boiling water and allow to stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the cous cous with a fork and stir in the almonds and coriander
- Serve the lamb with the prepared cous cous and a sprinkle of chopped coriander .