500g lean beef mince
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
½ cup breadcrumbs
750g tomato passata, no added salt
10 wholemeal dinner rolls
½ cup reduced fat grated cheese
- Dice onion. Grate carrot and zucchini then squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Crush the garlic clove. Beat the egg until combined.
- Combine mince, onion, carrot, zucchini, garlic and half of the herbs in a large mixing bowl. Add egg and breadcrumbs and mix well. Roll mixture into small balls and place on a clean plate. Cover and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Heat a non-stick frypan and add meatballs in batches. Cook, stirring, until the meatballs have browned.
- Add passata and remaining herbs to the pan, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until meatballs are well cooked.
- Spilt rolls and spoon on three or four meatballs with sauce. Top with a sprinkling of reduced fat cheese.