Makes 12 small
1 medium sweet potato
1 x 400g can brown lentils, no added salt
1 x 400g can chickpeas, no added salt
1 x 400g can corn, no added salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 clove garlic
½ cup dried wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Peel and dice sweet potato. Drain and rinse lentils, chickpeas and corn.
- Finely chop onion and crush garlic clove. Set aside.
- Place sweet potato into a microwavable dish and add 1 tablespoon of water. Microwave for 6 minutes or until soft. Drain any excess liquid.
- Mash cooked sweet potato until smooth. Add lentils, chickpeas and corn and roughly mash to combine.
- Heat half of the oil in a frypan and cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add curry powder and garlic, cook for a further 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add onion mixture to the mash mixture and stir to combine.
- Using clean, wet hands, shape mixture into 12 small patties. Coat the patties in breadcrumbs. Add to a plate and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frypan and cook patties in batches, for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Serve warm or cool.