1 brown onion
2 sticks of celery
1 red capsicum
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup frozen peas
1½ tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
Spray olive oil
- Chop onion. Dice celery, carrot and capsicum. Crush garlic clove.
- Pour rice into a medium sized saucepan. Add 2 cups of water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Crack eggs into a small dish, beat gently with a fork.
- Lightly spray a wok or electric frypan with oil. Over medium-high heat, add the beaten egg and swirl to coat the base. Cook for 1 minute, or until the egg is cooked. Remove cooked omelette from pan and slice thinly. Set omelette aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan, stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the onion becomes soft. Add remaining vegetables and stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice and soy sauce and stir through for 2-3 minutes, until vegetables are tender and crisp. Serve fried rice with sliced omelette.
This recipe meets the GREEN criteria in the National Healthy School Canteen Guidelines.