Olive oil spray
1 garlic clove
2 stalks of celery
3 large potatoes
¼ cup yellow spilt peas
1 litre vegetable stock, salt reduced
400g can reduced fat evaporated milk
- Finely slice leek. Crush garlic clove. Dice celery. Peel and dice potatoes.
- Lightly spray a large pot with oil. Add leek, garlic and celery and sauté until soft.
- Add diced potatoes, yellow spilt peas and stock, stir to combine. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the potato and spilt peas are tender. Stir though evaporated milk.
- Blend using a food processor or stick mixer, until soup is smooth and creamy.
Tip: leek can be replaced with finely diced onion.