300g whole almonds
20 pitted dates
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup desiccated coconut - for rolling
Water - as needed
- Pour almonds into a food processor, pulse until almonds are finely chopped. Remove from food processor and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop dates and add to food processor. Pulse dates until they are finely chopped. Add a sprinkle of warm water to soften dates.
- Add pulsed dates to the mixing bowl containing the almonds.
- Add cocoa, cloves and cinnamon to mixture. Use a large mixing spoon to combine. Add a small amount of water if mixture if needed.
- Pour coconut into a shallow bowl. Using food handling gloves, take teaspoon sized portions of the mixture and roll into small balls. Dust with coconut and serve in a mini patty case.