1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic
4 stalks of celery
1 litre vegetable or chicken stock, salt reduced
1 chicken breast
100g uncooked spaghetti, broken up into pieces
- Crush garlic clove. Finely dice onion. Dice celery. Chop carrots.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onion and garlic. Cook until the onion has softened.
- Stir through the remaining vegetables and add the stock.
- When the soup reaches a boil, add the chicken breast and turn down the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the spaghetti to the saucepan. At the same time, remove the chicken breast. Shred the chicken breast with a fork and return the shredded chicken to the saucepan. Continue cooking until the spaghetti is al dente.