2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion
2 red capsicums
1.5 kg beef chuck steak
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons paprika
425g can diced tomatoes
800g cooked pasta
Reduced fat natural yoghurt, to serve
Fresh parsley, to serve
- Chop onion. Cut capsicum into 2cm pieces. Trim and cut beef into 3cm pieces.
- Slice mushrooms and chop parsley, set aside.
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium/high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Return all beef to the pan. Add tomato paste and paprika. Cook for 1 minute or until beef is coated. Add stock and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Add capsicum and tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or slow for 8 hours.
- Add mushrooms in the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve with dollops of yoghurt, parsley and a side of pasta.