3 apples (Granny Smith or Pink Lady)
2 cups self-raising flour
3 teaspoons margarine
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons margarine extra
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel and grate apples, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, rub margarine into the flour with your fingers until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and mix until it forms a soft dough. Gently knead until the dough is smooth.
- Place dough on a floured surface and roll out in a rectangular shape to 1 -2 cm thick.
- In a separate bowl, combine the extra margarine, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Evenly spread the mixture on top the dough and top with the grated apple and sultanas
- Roll the dough lengthways until it resembles a log
- Cut the log into 2 cm rounds and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes until lightly browned.