Take our self-assessment quiz to see how your eating measures up against recommendations for Australians.
Circle the answer that best applies to you.
- I eat at least 2 serves of fruit each day – YES NO
- I eat at least 5 serves of vegetables each day: YES NO
- I eat at least 2 - 3 servings of milk, yoghurt, cheese, and/or alternatives: YES NO
- I eat two serves of meat, fish, or chicken, eggs or legumes (cooked dried peas, beans or lentils) each day: YES NO
- I drink 6-8 large cups of fluids of water each day: YES NO
- I eat 5 - 6 servings of grain foods each day, (preferably wholegrain or wholemeal): YES NO
- I limit my intake of foods high in saturated fat, added salt, added sugars and alcohol to no more than 2 serves a day: YES NO
8 – 10: Your diet scores very well and you have a reduced risk for health complications.
5 - 7: Your diet is fair but there is room for improvement.
Less than 4: You should check your food groups for opportunities to improve your eating.
0 – 1: Very good - keep up the great work
2 – 4: Check your food groups to improve your diet.
More than 4 NO answers indicate you should consider consulting with your health professional team
Source: National Health and Medical Research Council
Click here to download this quiz as a PDF.