Developed by Nutrition Australia ACT Inc, and funded by the ACT Government’s Healthy Canberra Grants, the ACT Nutrition Support Service (ACTNSS) is a 3 year project supporting healthy eating across the ACT.
ACTNSS supports targeted community settings to increase access to healthy food and drink choices by creating healthy eating environments that will make the healthy choice the easy choice.
ACTNSS provides credible and evidence-based nutrition information and advice on healthy food provision, healthy eating and nutrition.
ACTNSS aims to address and embed healthy eating practices within all programs and policies within the following sectors:
- early childhood services including outside school care
- primary and secondary schools
- non government workplaces
- senior support services
- disability support
- non government and community organisations.
The website offers opportunities to subscribe for regular e-newsletter updates, and gives free access to a range of nutrition related resources.
Free services within this program include:
- online and telephone expert nutrition advice
- healthy recipes and food ideas
- support and training for staff
- policy development advice
- access to a comprehensive range of nutrition education tools
- E-newsletters, fact sheets, menu planning resources and nutrition policy templates.